- Club Express magazine
- Plan your purchase
- Safety and regulations
- Water analysis
- Health Briefs
- Tips and advice
EBI Inc. Intex Development ... Aqua-Bois inc Arch Chemicals Carvin Champlain Plastics Hayward Johnson Health Lounge Factory Lumi-O Int'l - Inn... Lumi-O Int’l / Inn... Elite Spas Nirvana Heat Pump ... RBF International Sani-Marc Sojag Jacuzzi® Spas Sundance Spas Swimline Toile Soleil Vogue TTI Veranda Jardin inc... Viking Spas Waterco Zodiac AquaFab Aqua Lung Canada L... ATF Sports Inc Boss Technology In... CPA Poole Products... Filbur Manufacturi... Game 2013 Industries Geno Phyzex Technologie... Régent Lacoursière Les industrie R.P.... Smartpool Sun Solar Rings Val Therm Visscher Bellemare abrasive... Blue Angel Pumps -... Mekanospa Les Minéraux Harso Northern Response Royal Mat Superflex Ltd.
Safety guidelines swimming pool
Read this section carefully to understand the safety issues involved when using your pool. It is your responsibility to be aware of and understand the following points and related safety regulations.
- ALWAYS have an adult watching children in and around the pool.
- Always swim with a buddy.
- Children under the age of 3 and people who don't know swim must wear a life jacket or PFD (personal ?oatation device).
- Send children to swimming and water safety lessons.
- Take a course on pool safety, ?rst aid
- and lifesaving skills (such as CPR).
- Remove the solar blanket completely when swimming so that nobody gets caught in it.
- Remove all surplus water that accumulates on the solar blanket.
- Always raise the ladder and/or keep the gate locked when no one is using the pool.
- Make sure the filter is protected by a circuit breaker.
- Make sure toys, garden furniture and tools are not near the pool or th pool fence. Children can climb up on these things to get into the pool.
- Playing around the filter and pool piping is never allowed.
- Turn off the motor when using the pool.
- Carefully follow all manufacturers’ instructions for using and maintaining pool accessories (toys, filter, water heater, etc.).
- Make sure water is clear at all times and never use your pool if the water shows signs of impurities.
Carefully follow all manufacturers’ instructions for using and storing chemical products. Keep them in a dry place away from children.
- Never let young children swim without supervision.
- Do not install a slide in an above-ground pool. It can be very dangerous.
- Never dive into an above ground pool.
- Keep a lifebuoy or pole near the pool.
- Do not swim if there is thunder or an electric storm.
- Always check the pool first if a child is missing.
Be prepared for emergencies
- Always have a well-stocked first-aid kit nearby (but away from children) that you keep clearly marked and accessible.
- Encourage everyone in your family to learn mouth-to mouth resuscitation.
- Memorize emergency telephone numbers.
Click here to download the safety guidelines by Sante Canada
See and download our special offers