Safety guidelines swimming pool
Read this section carefully to understand the safety issues involved when using your pool. It is your responsibility to be aware of and understand the following points and related safety regulations.
- ALWAYS have an adult watching children in and around the pool.
- Always swim with a buddy.
- Children under the age of 3 and people who don't know swim must wear a life jacket or PFD (personal floatation device).
- Send children to swimming and water safety lessons.
- Take a course on pool safety, first aid and lifesaving skills (such as CPR cardiopulmonary resuscitation).
- Remove the solar blanket completely when swimming so that nobody gets caught in it.
- Remove all any excess water accumulated on the solar blanket.
- Drain all wading pools after use.
- Always raise the ladder and/or keep the gate locked when no one is using the pool.
- Make sure the filter is protected by a detector circuit breaker.
- Make sure toys, garden furniture and tools are not near the pool or the pool fence. Children could climb up on these things to get to the pool.
- Playing around the filter and pool piping is never allowed.
- Turn off the motor when using the pool.
- Carefully follow all manufacturers’ instructions for using and maintaining pool accessories (toys, filter, water heater, etc.).
- Make sure water is clear at all times and never use your pool if the water shows signs of impurities. Visit us in store and enjoy our water analysis service free.
Carefully follow all manufacturers’ instructions for using and storing chemical products. Keep them in a dry place away from children.
- Never let young children swim without supervision.
- Do not install a slide in an above-ground pool. It can be very dangerous.
- Never dive into an above-ground pool.
- Keep a lifebuoy or rescue pole near the pool.
- Do not swim if there is thunder or an thunderstorms.
- Always check the pool first if a child is missing.
Be prepared for emergencies
- Always have a well-stocked first-aid kit nearby (but away from children) that you keep clearly marked and accessible.
- Encourage everyone in your family to learn mouth-to mouth resuscitation.
- Memorize emergency telephone numbers.
Did you know?
In order to reserve an early installation date, you must act now to purchase your pool. See our "Portfolio" section to find the inspiration you need to create the backyard of your dreams. Then, visit one of our experts who will be happy to guide you through the planning and installation process. Take the plunge! Summer is almost here!